Thursday, September 20, 2007

Headed to Wilmore

I am writing from the relatively comfortable seats outside Gate D-35 at the Atlanta airport waiting for my flight to Lexington. For some crazy reason, the powers that be at our alma mater, nominated me to the Alumni Board. The board's fall meeting starts today. What this means is that tomorrow I get to wear a suit around campus and sit in the back at chapel in Hughes Auditorium. The board will be recognized and several hundred students will gaze our way and wonder what they'll be doing when they're as old as that group of people. And I am old because when we were at AC, the women had to wear skirts to class and the men had to wear collared shirts (ah, the days when mock turtlenecks caused a certain level of consternation. Is that a collar or a t-shirt? Do I want to have an argument with this student about the presence or absence of a collar or just lecture about the War of 1812?). Now the kids can wear shorts to dinner in the cafeteria. Shorts people!! In the center of campus! REM was right.

Before I left today, I got to watch Keegan eat his oatmeal. He gave me this cute look. That kid is awesome.


3 comments:

carolineb said...

OMG! That kid IS awesome.

Find Marie-Claire and make sure she hasn't changed.

seantk said...

A great look! This kid is working it for the camera already. When is his first commercial?

ManUtd17 said...

Cbed -- No signs of Marie-Claire yet. I am headed to the cafeteria now for dinner. Maybe I'll spot here there.

STK -- Keegan is a ham. But that is the first time he's really posed for me. Usually he just reaches for my cell phone to play with it. And I am not opposed to getting him in some commercials and/or print ads. Anything I can do to stock his college fund!