Sunday, May 13, 2007

Home from vacation . . . now we can rest!

We returned from our vacation yesterday. We had a great time, but taking a 16-month-old on vacation doesn't make for a restful break from the everyday. Regardless when Keegan went to bed, he was always up right at 7:00 a.m. -- with the sun. Oh joy. And with the other 3 kids there, he was too excited to nap well. Between wanting to constantly be around the older kids and the kids' inability to regulate the volumes of their voices -- like most kids their age -- nap times were few and far between. Despite our attempts to reason with him -- other parents reason with their toddlers, right? -- Keegan would not submit to his exhaustion and just sleep. So crankily, Kee trudged through the day dragging his mom and dad with him. Our respites did come though when he went to bed for the night, and we could enjoy some cold beverages in relative peace and quiet.


I guess it will get easier as we do this vacation thing again -- or maybe the trials will just change. But we look forward to watching K-Man attack our vacations with his boundless energy. We just may need to schedule some extra recovery days for when we return.

Below are some of the better pictures from the week.


I know I'm exhausted, but the water looks more interesting than the Pack-n-Play.




Raisins and bananas -- the snack food of champions!





Do you like my new Piggly Wiggly t-shirt?

My friend, Brooks, isn't impressed.














I'm going in -- not to take a nap -- I'm just tired of Daddy and his %$#@& camera.












Beautiful, ain't I?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Bill, maybe you should consider professional photography for a second career? The bottom and top picture of Keegan are absolutely take-your-breath-away stunning!

ManUtd17 said...

Thanks. The bottom one is my favorite. The kid makes for a good subject.

Anita said...

It is easier to take awesome pictures when what you are capturing is so darn cute! It really makes me miss him when I see these pictures!

ManUtd17 said...

His cuteness does help a lot. The hard part is catching him when he's not in motion!

carolineb said...

I like the smiling one.

ManUtd17 said...

I can understand that. The smiling ones are so rare.

AnnieBlogs said...

I like the decision making one- water or pack-n-play? It reminds me of Garfield- except his decision is nap or lasagna. And Garfield is a cat. And he doesn't wear a diaper. So it's really not all that similar, except there are two choices....

carolineb said...

I like the fact that we all come away from the Cape with a Piggly Wiggly shirt.

AmyFritch said...

He is the cutest thing ever. It makes me want to squeeze him. or kiss him. Or both really.
Miss y'all!