Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Doors and green lights

There are countless Christian clichés that get thrown around when people are dealing with both good and bad situations. I'm not a big fan of any of them. I much prefer to just call things as they are. I don't necessarily think that God is involved in every little thing that happens to us. Sometimes, we catch every red light just because we got in traffic at the same time the light sequencing program is changing all the lights to red as we approach. God's not up there flicking the switch to red because we forgot -- or didn't bother -- to do our devotions that morning.

That said, I am dealing with a situation that I need resolved. Something bigger than just catching every red light or cutting myself shaving on the same break of my cheek bone morning after morning. This is something bigger than that. Something that I know God is involved in. I am just tired of the answers I keep getting like "no" and "wait." I am looking for an open door (cliché). I keep thinking doors are opening but they slam shut like a screen door when I think it's time to walk through the doorway.

Frankly, I'm tired of these slamming screen doors. I think the next time one of these doors slams, I might just rip it off its freakin' hinges. It would be nice to get a green light every now and then.

I know there are reasons why doors slam shut and lights turn red, and I need to trust that there is a door that will open and a light that will turn green just as I approach the intersection.

6 comments:

carolineb said...

sappy sentiments
they suggest one size fits all
i might run the light

AnnieBlogs said...

hinges are over-rated.

Anonymous said...

sorry bud. It'll happen.

Unknown said...

Your day is coming.....come see us.

Unknown said...

That was Amy being sweet up there, definitely not Mark.

Anonymous said...

At least your door is a "screen" door which means you can see what's on the other side (vision of the future). Take advantage of this "waiting" time to really prepare yourself for the day when the door will be removed (without your assistance). You don't want to be caught asleep at the wheel when the light turns green....