Saturday, November 27, 2010

NaBloPoMo 2010 Day 27 -- Crazy Day

We got a call this morning out of the blue. A real estate agent that Jen met a few weeks ago called because he had a couple that was interested in buying a home in our part of the city. He asked if he could bring them by. As many know, when you're selling your home, you have to be on alert in case you get such a call from an agent. That also requires that you keep your home in a perpetually clean state.

We were not selling our home. So we were not on alert. And our house was far from clean.

So we spent about 4 hours cleaning the house. Ugh.

Actually, Jen spent 4 hours cleaning the house, and I spent 4 hours cleaning my office and the bathroom in my office. She'd been on me to clean my office for months. The 4 hours made a nice dent, but it still wasn't really "clean." It was better. Presentable. But it wasn't completely clean. But it's a nice start.

We'll see what comes of the visit. The realtor said he'd call us tomorrow.

Should something come of this, I think it will be another turning point in this journey of our. A friend asked me tonight where we'd go if we sold the house. I have no idea. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we have to.

2 comments:

brad said...

Nan and I had the same thing happen. We listed our house two years ago. Slow times, took it off the market so we didn't have to keep it clean in hopes of getting a really bad offer! We said, Lord, this is your house. If you want it to sell, bring the right buyer. He did. We moved out two weeks ago tomorrow. I am currently building us a new house and hope to be in in mid-March. We are down sizing and hoping to be mortgage free after we are done. God is good! We will be praying for you.

AnnieBlogs said...

Take I-75N to I-24W about 3.5 hours. I'm just sayin'..... :)

Seriously. Excited for y'all. I'm praying.