Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo 2009 Day 1

So here we are again with another attempt at posting every day for the month of November as part of National Blog Posting Month (i.e., NaBloPoMo) 2009. It's been about 4 months since I last posted, and I apologize to any reader who may still remain out there. Life sometimes gets in the way of this blog thing. It's funny because when I first thought about starting a blog, I think I did it because I was looking for a distraction from the life I had at my old job. Over the last 10 months of working for myself (and/or trying to find work for myself to do), I haven't had as much interest in making time to post here. Perhaps you're thankful for that.

Yesterday was Halloween. K-Man went as Buzz Light Year from the Toy Story movies. The kid loves those movies, but he hates wearing costumes. He wore it for about 5 minutes last week at his school's Fall party and barely lasted 8 houses last night on our street. He was much more interested in handing out candy to the kids that came to the house. He's a giver. Jen has some pictures that she's going to upload so I can put a couple on here for my reader to see.

My law practice remains a challenging venture. I have a meeting tomorrow about a new project for a company. I've had a number of positive networking meetings over the last few weeks. There seems to be some momentum building. Throughout the whole process Jen and I have tried very hard to trust God for how this venture is playing out. Sure, we'd prefer to have a steady flow of work and payments coming in, but He appears to be embracing an approach that requires our steadfast reliance on His provision. Surprisingly, I'm not completely gray or bald from this faithfully variable schedule.

I couldn't write without mentioning the 8-0 Florida Gators and their victory over Georgia over the weekend. It has not been the smoothest of rides for the Gators this year. As defending BCS champs, every team is gunning for them every week. Plus, they have to deal with the expectations of repeating as champs. I speak for all Gators when I thank Georgia coach, Mark Richt, for retaining the services of defensive coordinator Willie Martinez. It was nice to watch the Gators break out of their offensive slump yesterday, and Willie had a hand in that. Thanks again Coach Richt!

Over the next few days, I'll give an update on our Scotland trip from the summer, including a video from our trip. (That's a tease to get you to come back here!)

1 comment:

Blackhawk said...

So glad you're back, Bill! It was great to read your posts and catch up-- love the pictures of Kee!