Thursday, November 12, 2009

NaBloPoMo 2009 Day 12 -- Unknown package

So I got an email tonight confirming shipment of a package.

Normally, I like getting those emails. I'm totally on board the online shopping train! Anything that allows me to find products I need without having to encounter the bastions of customer service that populate today's retail centers must be sanctified, right? Or is it sanctimonious?! (Look it up for me, will you?)

I've ordered many a thing online. I've ordered:

Contacts.

University of Florida championship t-shirts. (Actually, I've done that four times since 2006 for you Georgia fans reading.)

Wine. (Had that delivered to California as a "thank you" to some friends.)

Toner cartridges. (Ink jet and laser)

Pants (Jeans and khakis)

Shoes (running shoes, cleats, and slippers)

Books (of the legal variety as well as ones I wanted to read!)

DVDs


The problem is I don't know what this package is.

I don't recall ordering anything recently.

Doesn't seem likely that someone would steal my information and order something for themselves but then mail it to my house. Right?

I don't take Ambien, so I don't think I woke up in the middle of the night, got on the computer, ordered something and went back to bed.

Nonetheless, something is coming in the mail. Or so the internet told me.

I'll let you know when it arrives.


2 comments:

Tri Mommy said...

I got the same message! Did yours have an attachment? Mine did. I wisely decided to delete it.

Navytoy said...

I love getting those "unknown packages"!! It is always something I ordered last week and then promptly "forgot" about ordering it. Just another example of the "fun" part of getting to this age!!!