Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Being "that guy" worked out . . . .

I know you have been waiting for the update on the infamous baseball-pants-wearing old man playing softball. Well, we played last night . . . and I wore the pants. First, I was somewhat surprised at how comfortable the pants were. Second, the pants worked. In the second inning, I charged a short fly ball and slid in an effort to reach the ball. I slide the same way whether I am sliding to make a catch or sliding into a base. When I got home at the end of the night and checked my knee, I was pleased to see that there was no fresh bleeding, no ripped scab, no new oozing and no sticky goo. All tolled, the pants proved to be a solid investment. Further, I was able to go gauze-less in the suit pants today for work.

But more importantly, I made the catch!

1 comment:

carolineb said...

You sacrifice your flesh for the catch, I love that.