Friday, April 20, 2007

Welcome to Moe's!!!!

If you've ever been to Moe's you are familiar with that greeting when you enter the restaurant. Tonight, I took Keegan to Moe's for a little boys night out. It was a simple dinner, but I think it will stick with me for years to come.

Kee got his usual -- the Mini Me (the kid-sized cheese quesadilla), fruit punch and a chocolate chip cookie. I got the Atkins-friendly Joey Bag of Donuts in a bowl. I ripped off Keegan-sized pieces of the quesadilla, and he proceeded to scarf them down. In between bites, he took huge swigs of the fruit punch. The kid loves using a straw! Then out of nowhere, as I was watching him eat, he leaned over to me with his bottom lip sticking out ever so. It was his way of offering me a kiss. He's just started responding with this when we ask him for a kiss or ask him to give someone else a kiss. Although even then, he's a bit stingy with the love. This is the first time I've seen him offer kisses unsolicited. I was more than happy to accept his offer. And my acceptance was met with 2 more kisses. Well worth the $12 for dinner and the poopy diaper I had to change when we got home!

8 comments:

carolineb said...

Seriously awesome spontaneous love!

AnnieBlogs said...

Have I mentioned yet that you may not even know who I am but I love your blog? And Keegan is by far one of the cutest kids at church? Both are true.

ManUtd17 said...

Thanks Annie. I know who you are. You helped us a couple of weeks ago find Kee's room. I've dropped in on your blog a few times too. You are welcome any time. Don't be shy.

Bill

Anonymous said...

The problem I have with your blogging so far is that none of this is objectionable. How can I come here to comment and make fun of your son thanking you for the Mini-Me, cookie and fruit punch with a kiss. I could make fun of the tags: boys night out, kiss and Moe's... But the content of the story takes that power away from me.

ManUtd17 said...

Patience. I'm still getting comfortable with this medium. In due time, I will rant on about something and alienate a whole swath of people. Then, you can comment ad nauseam.

DA said...

If I understand K-Man correctly, he is saying "Thanks for the food". Little kids love the food and some fruit juice. Good post by Bill.

ManUtd17 said...

Either that or he was praying that if he offered me some kisses I would unburden him of the load in his shorts!

Katie B said...

Haha.

Keegan has some wicked awesome parents.