Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Contagious silliness

Tonight, I came home from another day at work. Much like every other day, except that I left a little earlier because of the pending holiday. When I got home, Keegan was full of energy. He was running around. Impish smiles. Just full of himself. Jumping from the couch to the recliner and back again.

Jen was on the phone with a friend when Keegan decided to do some laps through the kitchen and dining room, back down the hallway and through the kitchen again. (If you've ever wondered how K-Man stays so lean, I can attest to the fact that he never stops moving. The lap-running is a regular thing with him. The stamina is inspiring.) I was standing next to the counter looking through the mail. He's just jogging through giggling and being goofy. On one of his laps around I watched him round the corner past the oven and head toward the dining room. Jen was standing next to the fridge on the phone. As he was nearing Jen, he cocked his arm back and slapped her on the butt as he ran by. Nothing rebellious about it at all. I think he was just including her in his silliness. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Made us both laugh out loud.

Great way to start the holiday weekend!

No comments: