Thursday, November 15, 2007

Long day

Today (and yesterday frankly) were very long days at work. What I thought would take half a day to finish (yesterday) ended up taking two very long days to finish tonight. Days like that wipe me out mentally. I didn't have any energy to make dinner either. To put that into perspective, that means that I didn't have the energy to take 5 minutes to microwave a frozen dinner. For dinner, I had 2 packages of peanut-butter crackers. I mixed it up and had one package with the orange cheese-flavored cracker and one plain faux-Ritz-cracker package. Then I had some left-over Halloween candy and a beer. All of that is Atkins-compatible, right?

I did manage to wash and dry a white load and wash a load of khaki-ish colored stuff and some boxers. So it wasn't like I was a total sloth all night.

I am watching a little of the Oregon-Arizona game on ESPN. Looks like Dennis Dixon, the Oregon QB, left the game with a twisted knee. Could that unfortunate occurrence for Ducks fans open the door for a Heisman for Tim Tebow? Mmmmm. We'll have to see. Most of the latest polls had Dixon and Tebow in a neck-and-neck battle for the trophy. It also looks like 'Zona may upset the #2 Ducks. Could Kansas play in the BCS title game?

Need to fold the white load and hit the hay.

6 comments:

carolineb said...

Yeah, don't let them sit there and wrinkle. You'll end up like Annie.

Bekah said...

Man this is going to stir up the BCS, and yeah it does look like Timbo will be the guy in front for the Heisman. 5 Rushing TDs against USC? I mean come on thats ridiculous. Looks like there is much football to be played with all these upsets. What a year! Have a great evening, and enjoy the game, you deserve it after these past two days.

DA said...

Please shift all Heisman votes to . . . uh . . Mr. No-One. I see no compelling candidate.

It's like 2001--when Nebraska's Eric Crouch won the award after subjecting Husker Nation to a 63-36 beatdown at Colorado followed by a loss to Miam-uh in the Rose Bowl.

Those were the days.

ManUtd17 said...

cbed -- whites were folded. The Chapstick-free khaki-ish load remains in the dryer to be folded.

JM -- Tebow also threw for 2 TDs. I hope he only has to play a half Saturday against FAU. Rest him to annihilate the Criminoles next week.

DA -- Crouch's Heisman belongs to Rex Grossman -- another victim of the anti-sophomore bias.

steve and randel hambrick said...

what kind of beer did you have?? sounds like my kind of dinner :)

ManUtd17 said...

It was a Sam Adams Octoberfest. SA limits distribution of its beers, so the stores are already stocked with Winter Lager. You have to hunt to find leftover Octoberfest now or wait until next year.