Monday, November 26, 2007

Cornucopia

I don't really have a theme to today's post. So I am cramming everything into a horn-of-plenty-useless-thoughts.

1) In the Thanksgiving edition of the AJC -- the one with all the sales papers for Black Friday -- Jen noticed a circular for Dollar Tree. Isn't everything already super-cheap there? You know, like a dollar?


2) We have a space-heater in K-Man's room. He's figured out that he can control it by turning the temperature knob. In a way, it's now one of his toys. Tonight when I got home from work, he dragged me in there to play with the space heater . . . for 20 minutes. Off . . . on . . . off . . . on . . . off . . . on . . . off . . . on. Can you spend 20 minutes any better?


3) Tomorrow is Match Day 5 in the Champions League group stages. Manchester United takes on Sporting Lisbon, the Portuguese futbol club. ManU has already advanced to the knock-out stages of the Champions League competition by winning its first four games of the group stage. The match, being played at Old Trafford, will feature two ManU players, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani, playing their former clubs.




4) This is not my inner Gator talking, but it would be wrong if UGA plays for the national title without even playing in the SEC championship game. With the way this college football season has gone, I would not be surprised if Pitt beats WVU and OU beats Mizzou this weekend. With Ohio State and UGA not playing, they would likely move into the #1 and #2 slots in the BCS poll giving them the spots in the title game. That would be wrong. The only good that could come from such an anomaly would be the creation of a +1 game for next season.


5) There is a part of me in this cartoon:


6 comments:

AnnieBlogs said...

That is your inner Gator talking. Tell him I'll see him next October.

carolineb said...

Hahahaha, I love the cartoon. Mike has left me for fantasy football. Is this okay?

seantk said...

Oh that SEC championship..... seeing Tennessee get their butt kicked by the Tigers will be a sight.

Bring on the National Championship, if that's how things play out. I agree with you --- this will be one year where I could see it coming to that with how crazy things have been. Whoever plays, it'll come down to the last second and then there will be 3 overtimes to follow.

Bekah said...

I could see Oklahoma taking care of buisness next week, but Im pretty sure that WV isn't going to give up their spot, but then again they are playing a team a bit better than App State. I would also see LSU jumping the dawgs cause they have an extra game under their belt. I would love to see a UGA and USC match up which they are saying is possible. It has been a fun season to say the least. Whoever they match the Dawgs and Gators with I have a feeling will get dominated. Just a feeling though.

ManUtd17 said...

annie - see you in October.

cbed - it's OK if Mike wins the league and shares the winnings. Give him one of those "Share the Wealth" cards from the game of Life.

STK - I really hope UT gets it handed to them. (And I think we all know what I mean by "it.")

JM - I think UF and UGA are coming together. Hopefully (for UF anyway), the bowl is a springboard to next season. Hopefully, the players finish classes well for fall semester so everyone is available for the bowl game.

brad said...

Bill, I agree with you about the national title and the Dawgs. I am as big a Dawg fan as there is, but I said it on another blog: I want to win it the NC legitimately and that involves winning the SEC first. I especially don't want to hear SC and TN fans whining about having beat us this year if we were to win the title. It would taint it for me.

The best teams in the country right now are, in no particular order:

UGA, USC, UF, OK, WV. UF has three losses, but would beat WV 63-49 and it would be fun to watch.