Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mission Accomplished

So I went into work again today to finish up the task of the annual cleaning of my office. It took a lot longer than I wanted it to, but it looks much better. There is so much space now to pile up new sets of paper. (No -- I will not create new piles! I will not create new piles! I will not create new piles. It's sort of like a praise song. That last one was a capella.)





But as you can see, if I wanted to stack some paper, there's plenty of room.



Do you like the new artwork on the wall there? We had some art consultants come through our office recently and hang art in all of the offices. I had a print of my own in that space. I came back from lunch one day and found my picture in the floor and this piece on the wall. I asked if they wanted me to take my other picture home. They just wanted it on a different wall. They said this piece took up more of the blank space there. Of course, they've never returned to hang my print anywhere. It's not like it's a velvet Elvis. It's a nice print of the valley in Yosemite. I think I'm going to have to bring my own hammer and picture hook.

I have more to write about especially after the message I heard this morning at church, but I'm not ready to write about it right now.

6 comments:

AnnieBlogs said...

Your chair screams to the world that you are a big deal. Congrats.

ManUtd17 said...

My chair is lying!

carolineb said...

Nice window!

ManUtd17 said...

It's funny you say that because the natural light is nice, but the view is the roof of a building below and another building that looks just like ours on the other side of that. You have to lean against the window and look stright up to see the sky. But it does beat a windowless cube!

brad said...

Church yesterday hit me in a good way, too.

Love it that UF hung 50+ on Spurrier in his own building. You may be conflicted, though, if you have a soft spot for Spurrier. I do not, so I love it.

Bekah said...

Dude, you are the man. Sweet setup there. "My office reeks of rich mohogany, and I have many leatherbound books. I don't quite know how to say this, but Im Kind of a big deal- people know me."