Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ronaldo and K-Man

I've been inundated with inquiries about the outcome of the Champions League match on Tuesday between Manchester United and Sporting Lisbon. Well, after a full 90 minutes, the match was deadlocked at 1-1. The fourth official held up the board and indicated there would be 4 minutes of extra time. After two minutes of extra time, ManU were awarded a direct kick from about 30 yards out. Cristiano Ronaldo lined up the kick and well, watch it for yourself:




That was pure.

That look on Ronaldo's face after the kick. Where have I seen that before? Hmmmm.

Oh yea, here:



(We've seen a picture of Ronaldo as a youngster, and there is a bit of a resemblance. Jen's worst nightmare. Jen is not excited about keeping all the womens off of K-Man. The boy is cute with a capital UTE!)

I saw this cartoon today and thought it was not only hilarious but incredibly timely or NaBloPoMopriate.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that made me laugh. K-Man certainly looooovvvvveeess the camera!

I scored one goal in my soccer career. I was in 2nd grade and aimlessly running around in front of the goal in a scoreless game. The ball bounced in front of me and--just as I planned--I deftly scored with a knee shot. (OK, so my knee just happened to rise as I ran along chasing the pretty butterflies.) We won. My teammates declared me The Greatest later at the Dairy Queen.

I played along.

DA

tatum said...

you actually called me out on my own blog. i am shocked. i guess that means i'm really in danger of missing B2FII. i don't know if i have blogging left in me. i say too many words in a day, i don't have any left to write down. nevertheless, i'll try to come up with something by the deadline.

i had fun with Jen on monday! and i'm so excited about her ideas for ministry.

Anonymous said...

I would have made the save..

ManUtd17 said...

Kooky -- I trust that you would have stayed on the correct side of the wall and certainly been in a better position when the ball came ripping over the wall.

Tatum -- you don't have to say a lot. Pick a youtube that you like. That can communicate something as well.

DA -- someone should've told the defender on the other team that you can be felled by the slightest of hip checks. And yes, Kee can be quite the ham.

Anonymous said...

Son,

You may have hip-checked me 12 years ago, but I have been doing Pilates with 75-Y.O. women in my retirement.

I am ready for your low center of gravity.

OK, so I'm just a tall drink of water with no base.

DA

Blackhawk said...

That was an amazing shot. And I think you guys are definitely gonna have your hands full with Kee's cuteness.

Anonymous said...

Why did the keeper move to his right? If you get beat with a Beckham-like bender near post upper corner, then fine.

ManUtd17 said...

That was my question. He has no business moving to his right. He already set the wall. (I still don't like keepers setting the wall in the first place. Let the forwards do it so the keeper just worries about the other have of the goal mouth.)

Ronaldo scored 2 more yesterday against Clint Dempsey and Fulham. CR is helping my fantasy team a lot.